Jump to recipe
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Add the lentils into a pot of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes. They go a little see-through. Drain and spread out on a tray to cool. You'll need to wait a while before the next step.
- Combine the honey, coconut oil and cinnamon in pot and put on a low heat. When melted together, take off the heat and stir in the cooled lentils.
- Spread the mixture out onto two baking trays lined with cooking parchment and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped almonds, stir well and continue cooking. You need to stir them every every 15 mins, for about 1 - 1½ hours, until they turn brown and crispy. I know... effort but worth it.
- Add the coconut, flaked almonds and seeds and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- When cooled, store in an airtight container.
- 1½ cups dried red lentils
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- 2 tsp linseeds / flaxseeds
- 2 tsp ground chia seeds
- ½ cup raisins
© 2023 Copyright Orla Walsh Nutrition