Jump to recipe
Chicken in yoghurty, almondy, apple sauce!
- Fry 1 onion with 2 bay leaves, 1/2 stick cinnamon and 4 cloves in 1 tbsp coconut oil for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add 900g packet of chicken legs (remove the skin) and cook for another 3 to 4 mins.
- Then lower the heat and add 1 tsp of each of the following: garam masala, chilli, crushed garlic, ginger paste.
- Season with salt & pepper and add 3 dessert spoons of ground almonds. Continue to cook for about 3 mins.
- Now add in 1/2 tub (large) natural yoghurt and 3 sliced apples as well as 1 tbsp fresh coriander.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes (or place in your slow cooked on low for a few hours).
- Serve with flaked almonds and some more fresh coriander.
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 900g (large packet - doesn't have to be exact) chicken legs/thighs (remove skin)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli
- 1 tsp ginger paste/ 1 inch ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 dessert spoons ground almond
- salt & pepper
- 3 apples sliced
- 1/2 large tub natural yoghurt
- Flaked almonds
- Fresh coriander
- (serve with couscous/ quinoa/ bulgur)
© 2023 Copyright Orla Walsh Nutrition