Jump to recipe
Chicken & broccoli bake
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 packet of mushrooms
- 4 medium chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 head of broccoli, florets removed from stalk
- 1 pot of good quality chicken soup
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150ml milk
- 50g of wholegrain breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan. Add the onions and mushrooms. Once the onions and mushrooms are soft, add the chicken pieces and cook for about 10 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli (plate in a microwave friendly dish with a drop of water. Place the lid of the dish and cook for 3 to 4 minutes)
- Mix the milk, soup and garlic together in a jug.
- Put the cooked chicken pieces, onion, mushrooms and broccoli into an overproof dish.
- Pour in the soup mixture and cover with the breadcrumbs or oats.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Lovely with mash potato or quinoa.
© 2023 Copyright Orla Walsh Nutrition