Jump to recipe
Sausage & Lentil stew
- (1 pot, quick to make, tasty, stores well and you can freeze it!)
- Cook the rashers and sausages for a few minutes until browned. Scoop the sausages out onto a plate.
- Add the onions, carrot and garlic to the rashers and cook till the onions are soft.
- Add the sausages back to the pan and lob in the thyme, parsley, rosemary, lentils, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a garden salad
- Serves 4-6
- 6 high meat (ideally free range) sausages
- 1 packet of high quality rashers (ask your local butchers!)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 300g red lentils
- 1½ pints chicken stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
© 2023 Copyright Orla Walsh Nutrition