Irish Brown Bread
400g wholemeal flour
100g white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Smear butter on the inside on your bread tin to prevent the loaf from sticking.
3. Add the dry ingredients to a bowl.
4. Pour in the buttermilk and stir until mixed.
5. Spoon into the baking tin and flatten out the top of it. Using a knife, draw a criss cross in the top of the bread.
6. Bake for 10 mins at 200 degrees and then reduce heat to 180 and baked for a further 45 min.
7. To check if it’s done, remove the bread from the bread tin, knock on the bottom of the loaf, if it sounds hollow it’s done!
A Higher Protein Scone version of Porridge Bread!