Jump to recipe
Brown Soda Bread
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and mix well.
- Grease a bread tin. Spoon in the contents from the bowl.
- Bake for 10 min. Then turn down the heat to 180°C and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Is it cooked? The bread should should hollow when you tap the bottom of it.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- 350g Wholemeal Flour
- 125g Plain Flour
- 20g Wheatgerm
- 20g Wheat Bran
- 1 tsp Bread Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 500ml buttermilk
- **same bread in the picture but I added half a pack of raisins and 1 packet of mixed nuts.
© 2023 Copyright Orla Walsh Nutrition