I love these pancakes. Super fluffy and a great source of calcium + protein. A lovely weekend brunch option.
- 250 g ricotta cheese (1 tub)
- 125 ml milk
- 2 large free-range eggs (separated)
- 100 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- vanilla extract
How to make them
- Put the ricotta, milk, vanilla extract and egg yolks into a bowl and mix together.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and pinch salt and whisk until smooth.
- For speed, use a hand held blender to whizz up the the egg whites until they’re foamy.
- Then fold this foamy mixture into the ricotta mixture.
- Heat the frying pan and spray with oil. When hot, spoon some batter into the pan. Cook for ~1 min on each side (you’ll see them dry up which indicates when is a good time to turn them).
- You can serve with lots of toppings e.g. berry compote, berries. fruit, granola, yoghurt, nut butters, nuts, seeds, stewed rhubarb. Or perhaps make savoury pancakes with cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, etc… etc…