When it comes to any meal, you’re aiming for enough protein, fibre and fat to keep yourself full and help manage blood sugar levels. In my recipe use milk instead of apple juice to help boost the protein, vitamin and mineral content of the meal and to lower the sugar content. I use skyr instead of natural yoghurt to provide more protein. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla skyr
- 1/2 cup milk (I use regular or protien milk)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 grated apple
- 2 tbsp raisins
- a sprinkle of cinnamon or mixed spice
- 1 handful walnuts
- berries to serve
How to make it
- Mix everything together.
- Leave overnight in the fridge.
- If making 1 portion as per the ingredients above, mix and leave in the container you wish to eat out of. e.g. bowl if eating at home, tupperware if eating on the go.
- You can make enough for 2 days at one time to save time. Gotta love batch cooking!
- As you can see, I drizzled on some agave syrup. However, if using flavoured Skyr this wouldn’t be required.
- approx 550 kcal
- 40g protein
- 13g fibre