Not everyone likes porridge! So, I often suggest baked porridge as it has a completely different texture. There’s 2 ways to do it and this way is best for those that think porridge is too ‘gloopy’!
- 40g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- A drop of vanilla extract
- About 100g yoghurt (choose plain soya if following a Low FODMAP diet, 0% greek yoghurt if looking for higher protein)
How to make it
- Heat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix the porridge oats with the egg, yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Place in an oven proof dish. Cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with natural yogurt and at least 2 portions (160 grams) of fruit!
If you ate this with some 0% fat greek yoghurt and berries, this breakfast will offer up 20 grams of protein, 5 grams of fibre, 45 grams of carbohydrates and just over 500 kcal.