I have my children fully convinved these are icecreams 🙂 When it comes to snacks, it’s often preferable to eat foods providing protein and fibre. This combination helps to keep blood sugar levels stable and nip any hunger pangs in the bud.
- Yoghurt in your favourite flavour e.g. vanilla
- Toppings e.g berries, nuts, seeds
How to make them
- Pour yoghurt into a silicon baking tray.
- Sprinkle berries/ nuts on top.
- Put the tray in the freezer.
- Choose Greek yoghurt, quark or skyr for more protein.
- Berries provide lots of fibre, espeically raspberries and blackberries.
- Consider adding chia jam on top instead of plain fruit, nuts or seeds.
- Blueberries and dessicated coconut is my favourite!
- Walnuts are great for sperm health and male fertility.
- Almonds/ pecans are great for lowering cholesterol.
- Choose soya yoghurt and linseeds/ flaxseeds for some plant oestrogens if suffering from symptoms of menopause.