I love this receipe. It’s a delicious snack on its own. Gorgeous with yoghurt or on top of porridge / overnight oats. The chia seeds provide plant omega 3 fats with are great for heart health and the soluble fibre they provide help soften stools and balance blood sugar levels. What’s more, the fibre from the raspberries and chia will help keep you regular.
Switching from regular jam to chia jam is a healthy step if you have PCOS, diabetes or a sweet tooth!
- 1 bag of frozen raspberries (340g) (strawberries are also delicious in this recipe)!
- 3 tbsp of chia seed
- 2-3 tbsp of honey (choose maple syrup for a Low FODMAP option)
- Tasty addition: 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to make it
- Pour the frozen raspberries (or strawberries) and vanilla extract into a saucepan. Simmer on a low heat for 10 or so min. You want it to become soft and like a puree.
- Remove from the heat, add the chia seeds and honey/ maple syrup . Add more sweetener if you have a sweet tooth!
- Pour into an old jam jar. Cool and then refrigerate.