- Put the ricotta, milk, vanilla essence and egg yolks into a bowl and mix together. Stir in the flour, baking powder and pinch salt and whisk until smooth.
- For speed, use a hand held blender to whizz up the the egg whites until they're foamy.
- Then fold this foamy mixture into the ricotta mixture.
- Heat the frying pan and spray with oil.
- When hot, spoon some batter into the pan.
- Cook for ~1 min on each side.
- Can serve with lots of toppings e.g. berry compote, berries. fruit, granola, yoghurt, nut butters, nuts, seeds, stewed rhubarb.
- Or perhaps make savoury pancakes with cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, etc... etc...
- (Serves 4)
- 250 g ricotta cheese (1 tub)
- 125 ml milk
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- 100 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Put 1 ripe banana into a blender with 2 eggs.
- Warm a non stick and oil pan with rapeseed oil.
- Cook the pancake on both sides for about 30 seconds on each side and serve.
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- Optional: serve with yoghurt, fruit, berries, nut butter, nuts, seeds, Greek yogurt or granola.