Increasing your fruit and vegetable intake to ‘7 a day’ is a healthy target. Why not try this bread as it brings you closer to meeting your target! What’s more, chia seeds, linseeds and oats are a great source of heart healthy, stool softener soluble fibre.
- 200g oats
- 100g pecans
- 100g raisins
- 6 tbsp linseeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet of blueberries
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia linseeds
How to make it
- In a bowl add the oats, pecans, raisins, linseeds, cinnamon, baking powder and blueberries
- Add the bananas, eggs, vanilla extract and chia seeds to a blender. Whizz it all together!
- Pour the wet mixture onto of the dry mixture. Mix together and then scoop into a greased bread tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Leave to cool before eating. Delicious with ricotta and chia jam!