I just love this breakfast/ lunch. It keeps me nice and full. It’s delicious on it’s own if you need a low carb meal (blood sugars are high, more insulin resistant in the morning e.g. in gestational diabetes, carb cycling for sports adaptation reasons etc…). It’s also lovely with some wholegrain pitas (I like my eggs runny for dipping purposes!).
- Bag of spinach
- 1-2 eggs
- Packet of smoked salmon
How to make it
- Place a bag of spinach into a colander. Pour water from a boiling kettle over it. Let the water drain away.
- Line an ovenproof dish with smoked salmon (you probably don’t need the whole packet).
- Squeeze the spinach and place onto the salmon.
- Crack the egg/s over the salmon. Season with black pepper (there’s salt in the smoked salmon so no need for more!)
- Place the dish in a preheated oven at about 170 degrees. Once the white of the egg is done, it’s done! Takes about 10-15mins.