During lockdown banana bread became a thing! Most people baked a loaf! It was handy. Something to do with your manky bananas. However, I have another idea – why not make these 2 ingredient biscuits? A great snack option providing fibre. With 80% of us fibre-deficient, I think we could do with the help. Lovely with coffee or tea, this healthy biscuit will help decrease your intake of free sugars, salt and less healthy fats when eaten instead of the standard biscuit. A great one to bake with kids too.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup oats
- +/- 1/2 cup of something else: e.g. raisins, seeds, nuts, nut butter, chocolate chips
- +/- extra flavour e.g. cinnamon, mixed spice, vanilla extract, ginger etc…
How to make them
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in your oats and any other ingredients/flavours.
- Dollop some mixture on a greased baking tray and cook for 15 minutes (ish). Enjoy!
If you made them with 1/2 cup of raisins and cinnamon (my favourite) and you made 10 biscuits.
- 17g carbohydrate
- 2g fibre
- 1.5g protein