Fry the onions and garlic. After a a couple of minutes add in the meat. Once browned, lob in the rest of the veg (all but the cherry tomatoes) and cook on a medium heat until soft. Finally add in the herbs and spices, followed by the cherry tomatoes. Simmer for 1-2 hours.
1 packet of lean beef mince (or Quorn),
2 tins of tomatoes,
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes,
2 onions (diced),
3 cloves garlic,
3 sticks of celery chopped,
3 carrots diced,
1 punnet of mushrooms sliced,
1 chilli sliced,
1/3 tube tomato puree,
1 beef stock cube,
drop balsamic vinegar,
large glass of red wine (optional),
2 large handfuls of sundried tomatoes (or 1 small jar),
herbs & spices: tsp basil, tsp coriander, tsp thyme, 2 bay leaves, salt and pepper.
Eat with a slide salad +/- pasta. Have you tried courgetti (as seen in the picture)?
Simply grab a wholewheat seeded wrap (or a Turkish flat bread/ seeded pita), smear on some tomato puree.Then add on your favorite ingredients (such as ham, pineapple and cherry tomatoes), sprinkle with basil.
Cook in the oven (preferably on a tray with holes in it). Eat with some salad - cheaper than a takeaway, technically quicker too... and of course is a healthier option!
Seeded wrap (use wheat free wrap for Low FODMAP option)
2. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut into chunks. Put into your food processor and whizz up until it looks like rice.
3. Put the cauliflower into a bowl, cover and microwave for 5 mins to soften it.
4. Pour it out onto a (clean) tea towel and leave to cool.
5. Once cool enough to touch it, using the tea towel squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the cauliflower and put it back into the bowl.
6. Stir in 2 eggs, 1 tbsp oregano and black pepper. A little Parmesan and dried garlic is nice in the base too.
7. Now line a baking tray with parchment and grease with oil. Using a spoon, flatten the cauliflower mixture into the tray and bake for about 15 mins in the oven. It should look golden brown when cooked enough.
8. Take the cauliflower base out of the oven, turn it up to 220 degrees and set aside while you get your ingredients for the top ready. Layer on some tomato puree, slices of mozzarella and tomato. Now dollop of some pesto and sprinkle on some chiili flakes.
9. Cook in the oven for 10-12 mins. Serve with some fresh basil leaves added on top.